Neumann TLM 49 Setby Neumann
- 1 x Neumann TLM 49 Set
The TLM 49 Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone from Neumann is a large-diaphragm studio microphone with a cardioid directional characteristic and a warm sound, optimized for vocal performance. It is supplied as a set, with an elastic suspension. The design is inspired by the Neumann M 49 and M 50 microphones of the 1950s. The "sound design" is also oriented toward that of the M 49 and the U 47. This microphone ensures low self-noise and the use of high gain levels.
The large-diaphragm capsule of the TLM 49 provides a cardioid directional characteristic with a tendency toward supercardioid, due to the capsule construction. Following the example of the M 49, high frequencies are more directional. The capsule diameter is 34mm. The capsule is oriented so that the microphone is addressed from the front.
The TLM 49 uses the K 47 capsule, which was also used in the M 49 and the U 47. The capsule has a linear frequency response up to the upper mid-range. Above 2 kHz there is a gentle presence boost up to 3 dB. The capsule is enclosed by a large microphone head grille, which is acoustically very open and is neutral with regard to the sound.
With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit. As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference that may influence the balanced audio signal. Noise signals which affect the balanced modulation line are effectively suppressed. The microphone can operate at sound pressure levels of up to 129 dB without distortion, and provides a dynamic range of 117 dB (A-weighted).
The entire interior structure is mounted elastically, to prevent the transmission of structure-borne noise. In addition, the capsule is mounted with a rubber shock mount. Due to the wide frequency response, the TLM 49 can also transmit low-frequency signals without coloration. The TLM 49 is supplied with the elastic suspension EA 3, which effectively protects the microphone from structure-borne noise.
- Sound profile optimized for vocal performance
- Pressure gradient transducer with the large-diaphragm capsule of the Neumann U 47
- Cardioid characteristic
- Transformerless output circuitry
- Acoustically very open wire mesh head grille
- Elastic suspension
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||71 dB CCIR
82 dB A-Weighted
|Equivalent Noise Level||23 dB CCIR
12 dB A-Weighted
|Maximum SPL||110 dB SPL
129 dB SPL
|Load Impedance||1000 Ohms|
|Sensitivity||13 mV/Pa at 1 kHz into 1 kOhms|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||3.2 µA|
|Operating Voltage||48 V ± 4 V|
|Length||6.50" / 165 mm|
|Diameter||3.07" / 78 mm|
|Weight||1.82 lbs / 825 g|
- NeuSmallRig x Brandon Li Mobile Video Cage for iPhone 15 Pro Max Co-design Edition76,25 €/574,51kn 61,00 €/459,60kn
- NeuSmallRig Centering Adjustment Top Handle (NATO Clamp) 444161,25 €/461,49kn 49,00 €/369,19kn
- NeuSmallRig x Brandon Li Mobile Video Kit for iPhone 15 Pro Max Co-design Edition195,00 €/1.469,23kn 156,00 €/1.175,38kn
- NeuSmallRig Type-C to Type-C Audio Signal Adaptor 440611,25 €/84,76kn 9,00 €/67,81kn
- NeuSmallRig Wireless Control & Quick Release Side Handle 440256,25 €/423,82kn 45,00 €/339,05kn
- NeuSmallRig T-Series Lens Back Mount Plate for iPhone 15 Pro Max/ 15 Pro Cage 439913,75 €/103,60kn 11,00 €/82,88kn